For years, Provinssi has taken actions to achieve more ecological and greener festival production. Read more about Provinssi’s environmental acts in this article!
List of the actions taken in Provinssi to decrease the festivals negative environmental impacts:
- Provinssi counts and compensates the festivals carbon footprint. From the beginning of the year 2019, Provinssi is a carbon neutral festival.
- Provinssi has an environmental coordinator who works for developing the festivals environmental goals and procedures.
- The festival area art is produced nearly completely with recycled materials. Provinssi prefers rentable, sustainable or multiyear materials in all purchasing.
- 100 % of festivals waste has been recycled for many years, with the help of the local waste management company Lakeuden Ympäristöhuolto.
- Provinssis own Green Team helps the festival goers with questions regarding recycling and environment during the festival.
- Green power provided by the nearby water system is used on the festival grounds. Carbon emissions of the electricity used in Provinssi: zero.
- Renewable diesel fuel is used for example in the festival buses, machinery, cars and possible generators on festival site.
- The festival’s food fendors have plenty of vegetarian and vegan options to choose from.
- There is a free bicycle parking area near to the main entrance of the festival
- Provinssi got an Ekokompassi environmental certificate in 2016. The certificate was re-audited and renewed in 2019.
- All the canvas products (wristbands, festival fan products…) are made of ecological materials