Provinssi ❤ Environmental Action
For years, Provinssi has taken action to achieve a more ecological and greener festival production. Read more about Provinssi’s environmental acts in this article.
- Provinssi counts and compensates the festivals carbon footprint. From the beginning of the year 2019, Provinssi is a carbon neutral festival.
- Provinssi has an environmental coordinator who works for developing the festivals environmental goals and procedures.
- The festival area art is produced nearly completely with recycled materials. Provinssi prefers rentable, sustainable, or multiyear materials in all purchasing.
- 100 % of festivals waste has been recycled for many years, with the help of the local waste management company Lakeuden Ympäristöhuolto.
- Provinssis own Green Team helps the festival goers with questions regarding recycling and the environment during the festival.
- Green Power provided by the nearby water system is used on the festival grounds. Carbon emissions of the electricity used in Provinssi: zero.
- Renewable diesel fuel is used for example in the festival buses, machinery, cars, and possible generators on festival site.
- The festival’s food fendors have plenty of vegetarian and vegan options to choose from.
- There is a free bicycle parking area near to the main entrance of the festival.
- Provinssi got an Ekokompassi Environmental Certificate in 2016. The certificate was re-audited and renewed in 2019.
- All the canvas products (wristbands, festival fan products…) are made of ecological materials.