Provinssi ❤ Environmental Friendly Festival Goer
How can an individual festival goer make a difference and reduce Provinssi’s carbon footprint? Help us to achieve our environmental goals with these tips:
- Throw your waste to the correct bins! There are plenty of waste bins for all different types of waste at the festival site. The Green Team will help you sort your waste correctly.
- Don’t throw your cigarettes on the ground! Did you know that cigarettes do not decompose completely? You can sort your cigarettes as energy waste as long as you stub them out first.
- Bring only essential items to the festival site. By making sure that you take everything you brought with you back, and by cleaning your camp when leaving, you will significantly decrease the waste of the festival. Don’t throw away anything that can be reused. In order to ease the cleaning process, you should pack smartly and travel with only the necessities.
- Prefer items that can be reused. Don’t buy disposable items for the festival, such as tents, rain coats and earplugs.
- Peeing in the bushes is prohibited (and embarassing). Please use some of the 500 toilets in the site!
- Bring your own water bottle! There are plenty of water taps at the site where you can refill your own bottle. You are allowed to bring one max 0,5 liter empty / unopened, translucent bottle inside the festival area.
- Recycle and make money out of your bottles and cans! You can recycle your bottles and cans in the serving areas. Empty bottles and cans are also collected by volunteers in Camp Provinssi and other areas.
- Prefer public transport. We encourage our festival guests from other cities to arrive by public transport. It’s easy and it’s cheap! Who needs a car when the train is faster?
- Fill your vehicle with your dream squad and take your friends to Provinssi with you! If you have to have your own car, bring friends or use a carpool. Both ways work!
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available. Every food vendor in Provinssi serves vegetarian and vegan options – try them out and make the world a better place!